Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bakersorous Rex

Ok, I wouldn't say I am a great baker. With most things, I get into moods. Moods to clean, to write, to read, to cook, to bake. You get the idea. Recently I was given a bread starter kit and some recipes for bread. Let's just say the birds won't even eat this bread. It weighs about 10 pounds. My mom has been telling me about this "fool" proof recipe she recently found on vegweb.com. I gave it a try and it's amazing...just like the honey wheat bread from Great Harvest. I'm serious. I was so excited when I saw it rising...it was so beautiful. here is a pic of the masterpiece.

the yummy bread...it even looks legit

Since I was on a baking roll I decided to try homemade cupcakes. I got lost on the Pioneer Woman and Bakerella as I was doing my "cupcake research." These women must have endless resources, no children, no job, and a HUGE kitchen to accomplish what they do. Nonetheless I was inspired to make these little yummies.

yummy from scratch cupcakes

...just add chocolate icing!

We've had a lovely Saturday...picture taking with the incredible hunts, hanging with my nephew and just enjoying a gray day. (believe it or not). here are a few pics of the day


my nephew, Julian Cole...he's a mess


baby girl cuddling with bear


sleepy boy with a mohawk


i can't get enough of this

No comments: