Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sweetheart

This year I found success in making Adam's birthday cake. I mean-after last year, as Adam put it, it could only go up from there. Nice. Since Adam's birthday is on Valentine's Day I feel like it should be an extra special cake. His day is already ruined by the consumer-crazy-if-you-don't-have-a-significant-other-you-are-a-loser holiday. (I know that's harsh, but do we really need one day to celebrate love? NO.) I digress. After my failed attempt at a strawberry cake last year, I did some research and the Pioneer Woman came through for me with her "Strawberry Shortcake Cake." It was beautiful and yummy. (even though it looked nothing like hers)


Since we can't really go out for his birthday we stayed in and grilled steaks from a local farm as well as sweet potatoes. Thanks to my mom we got to get out to see a movie. Oh gosh how I miss going to movies. I went a lot when I was pregnant to "store up" because I knew it'd be hard to go once Charis was here. Anyway. We saw Crazy Heart and I highly recommend it. Jeff Bridges was fantastic. Go see it.

I'm so thankful for my "sweetheart." I rarely use that kind of language for him, but he is. He's just want I need and I love him lots.

1 comment:

jen hunt said...

i LOVE that picture!