Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I heart them

I really heart the Indigo Girls. Hands down, they are my favorite musicians. Whether I'm running errands or in the car for hours, I could have their CD in the whole time, often on repeat. But, live they are absolutely incredible. In fact, they are best live. They each have a very unique and distinct voice that sounds amazing on it's own. Then when you put the two together, it's just ridiculous.

I was counting up the times I've seen them and I think it's 5 or 6. Lately, it's been once a year. And I'm hoping they'll still be playing in 7 or 8 years so I can take Charis. This last show was on Sunday at the McGlohen Theater in Charlotte. A friend from church sent us the tickets, which was a sweet and super fun surprise. The venue was intimate and every seat was a good seat. It was Adam's first time seeing them live, which was fun. Every time I see them I have this idea that they are going to call me out and want to hang out. I'd venture to say most of their fans think that. Silly, I know. But it could happen. One thing fun that did happen on Sunday after the show was as we were walking down Tryon Street Emily, their keyboardist and some guy came out of the alley right in front of us. Like no big deal. It took me about a minute, but I mustered the courage to yell something out. "Great show tonight y'all!" Uh, they turned around and thanked me. I was glad I took the opportunity to just say something. Now, if it was Amy Ray, I probably would have reacted less composed and asked for an autograph.

I totally want to be friends with them and hang out. At least grab coffee after a show. Is that too much to ask?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the Indigo Girls sound pretty darn good...went to their site and listened for a bit...I can see why you ~heart~ them...and a cuppa coffee with them...that's the least they could do for a MEGA fan!!! LOL