Saturday, November 29, 2008

books galore!

I love to read. Lately, I've rediscovered reading. I've never really been into buying books b/c a) they are too expensive and b) you only use them once. I like the public library too, so I try to check out books from there when I can. However, the books are usually checked out so I have to put in a hold request and inevitably I turn them in late. I could probably buy a book with my late fees.

Anyway, I'm just pretty jazzed about the book selections at my local Thrift Stores. I've shopped at various thrift stores (Value Village, Goodwill, etc) since Jr. High. Yet, recently I've found some great titles in their book section. Books here are from 50 cents to $3. Usually I come back with a stack, which lies around on our table for weeks. Even my English Grad Student husband gets annoyed at my book obsession. I just get so excited when I find a book I've wanted or heard about at a Thrift Store for so CHEAP.
The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri for 99 cents
a Jonathan Kellerman thriller (cheesy, i know) for a buck
Me talk pretty one day by David Sedaris for $1.49
the classic Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers for $1.49
Nickel & Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich for $1.30
Taking Charge of Your Fertility for 99 cents
just to name a few!!

happy reading!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love thrifting