Sunday, May 17, 2009

late night reads

It's 5:15 in the morning and I've been up for almost 3 hours. Not by choice. no. First it's the need to use the bathroom. Some have said it's my body getting ready for waking with my baby. Boo on that. I don't want to "get ready" I want to sleep. Then, it's this ridiculously stuffy & runny nose. Both at the same time. A preganancy cold, perhaps. Whatever it is, it's keeping me from my beauty sleep.

I just finished Khaled Hosseini's A Thousand Splendid Suns. When Kite Runner came out, I refused to jump on the band wagon. But after seeing the moving a couple years ago, I knew I had to read it. It's one of the hardest, most amazing books to read. And this is like it. Since I'm a visual reader (the story plays like a movie in my head), I can get sucked into a good book. The story of love, forgiveness, sacrifice, and hope overwhelms me. I read both of these books fast because the stories are so gripping. I think everyone should read them. I'm serious.

So, if you find yourself up in the middle of the night, pick up one of Hosseini's books.

No comments: