Thursday, June 4, 2009

Colorado's calling

In 2 days I board a plane with 36 high school kids and 5 other leaders for Colorado (Frontier Ranch). This is my first trip to summer camp with my friends from Country Day and I am stoked! We have 5 girls and 4 guys going from CCDS. Summer camp is one of my favorite things about Young Life. I went to both Windy Gap and Frontier in high school and my life is forever changed because of those trips. I believe it what Young Life does, but they really do it well at camp. It's a week away from life at home. A week filled with first-time adventures. A week filled with friendships that last a lifetime. A week filled with experiencing God in new ways...through the speaker, the workers at camp, other kids, leaders, the scenery...everything. And I can't wait to spend a week with my friends!

There are only 2 bummers about this trip. 1) it's the longest Adam and I have been away from each other. Sad, i know. i think i'll miss him a whole bunch! and 2) i am limited in my activities due to my beautiful baby girl growing inside me. it's kinda bittersweet...i'm not sorry i'm pregnant, but i will miss out on some fun fun things at camp. However, my time and conversations with girls will be way more remembered than their horseback ride, i know this. And i'll get to take lots of pictures.
Thanks for praying for my time at camp and for Adam while he's home alone. :) Here are a few pics of my time at Frontier when I was in high school for your enjoyment!


me, lindsay & julie on the bus!


the cabin at the Volleyball tourney...nice hair


me and my YL leader, Melissa after i creamed her at the Carnival!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Amy I hope you have an awesome trip and I'm so sorry I didn't get to hug you and your sweet belly before you leave. I will be curious to hear if your time spent with your CCDS kids at camp will be with a new perspective now that you have seen the baby growing inside you. Look forward to seeing you when you get back! May God Bless you and keep you safe. XOXO

Lindsay said...

GO AMY! Best week of your life!