Monday, June 15, 2009

it was AMAZING...as always

I just got back from a trip out to Frontier Ranch with 36 high schoolers and 6 other leaders for the most amazing week ever. I'm trying to think of the best way to share this with y'all...i'll settle for a list. So, here are some of the MANY highlights of the week:
- Being able to take girls to camp...I haven't done that in 4 years!
- Being in Colorado and at Frontier.
the most perfect Rainbow
- Laughing until I want to pee in my pants (i can get away with this too)
- Hearing about how much God loves me and my high school friends..."God loves you the most and knows you the best"
- Eating at a crazy western steakhouse with neckties, dancing, a mascot, an indoor slide & texas-sized servings of food.
- Seeing my friends' faces light up...constantly as they are surprised!
- Watching the walls come down...that so many of us build up to protect ourselves.
- Having real conversations with my friends about real stuff.
- Dressing up & being silly
- Winning the Golden Glove for the cleanest cabin!!! Yeah we did!
our Cabin with the GOLDEN GLOVE..be jealous
- Experiencing God through nature, my high school friends, the camp staff, humor, and through His Word.
- Having my friends share their excitement about our baby--telling me they can't wait to meet her and loving her already.
- Camp food...mainly the best dessert ever called Trainwreck. oh wow.
- Reading "Same kind of different as me"
- Being able to love on my high school friends, just like I was loved by my YL leaders & Youth Group leaders when I was in high school.
our group on Western night

and really so much more! I love how God shows up at camp, I love the way Young Life uses every detail of camp to reveal God's love to teenagers. I love that YL camp is placed in beautiful places where we can't deny His existence or His love for us. I love that God allows me to be apart of what He is doing in the lives of others.
This past week was more than I could have hoped for...it was AMAZING.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

So glad you had such an amazing time!! And I am super jealous of the coveted Golden Glove!