I guess the best way to really capture this past month is through some highlights, revelations, and experiences we've had. So, here goes...
Charis at 1 month!
- i love the sounds Charis makes...she hums, moans, grunts at all times. nothing is sweeter to me than those noises.
- i love to watch Adam with her...dancing, singing, rocking, even sometimes when he says something and i ask "what" he says, "i was talking to my daughter."
- i love the way her head rests on my shoulder in the nook of my neck. love that.
- i learned the hard way that babies "wake up" after 2 weeks, so the 6 hours of sleep was just a fluke. ohhhhh okay.
- after being told how fast this time goes, i am making a conscious effort to enjoy all the moments...the sweet ones and especially the hard ones
- we've loved having so many visitors. i love seeing others loving on our baby girl. some of my girls from Country Day have come to visit and that's been so fun watching them.
- we celebrated our first Thanksgiving with some friends. i'm not sure she was fazed. But we did make our first turkey (local, organic, & free range i might add).
- i love to kiss all over her...her cheeks, her neck, her hands, feet, but especially the space on her neck. oh i could squeeze her.
- i love the way her hands stretch out just like Adam's.
- i am amazed at how i can wake up from the most wonderfully deep sleep when i hear her making her noises at any hour.
- she has the sweetest cry.
- we've watched Adam's Saints win some great games! (like beating New England)
- we are learning a new normal for us that includes this new person...i mean--for the rest of my life. getting out of the house takes more work, planning and the perfect timing. eating is a feat too...usually we take turns.
- i've learned that getting up in the middle of the night isn't that hard for me, it's the evening hours after 9pm that i start to fall apart.
- my love for her grows with each new day. i mean for real. when she smiles (even if it's not the real ones yet) my heart sores. and when her bottom lip pokes out in a frown, i am so sad and find that i would do anything to take away her sadness.
my mom bought this outfit in Germany...a scarf?!
This has been an incredible month. Didn't think I'd be here this time last year. But could not imagine it any other way. I am more in love with my husband too. I am so thankful for the way he helps me, especially in those moments I need him most and don't know how to ask. I love the way he loves Charis and how he says it so much. This is definitely an adventure for us. Everyone tells you it's the best & hardest thing you'll ever do. Well, you can't understand that until you are in it. We are in it and I'm beginning to understand it. I still can't believe I am a mom. wow.