Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Best baby in the office

Even though my sweet baby girl is crying right now, she is the best baby. I mean--babies cry. And all new moms think their baby is the best. I'm aware that this can be obnoxious for some. But, I am constantly amazed with our sweet Charis Root.

I started back to work on the 4th and Charis goes to the office with me 3 days a week. And she's amazing. I can spend from 6-8 hours in the office and she barely cries. Seriously. We have this rhythm of eating, playing, sleeping. She will amuse herself in her bouncy seat for almost an hour while I work or she'll sleep in the Moby for about an hour while I work. It's a really great set-up. I sat there looking at my sweet baby, realizing the life she is--she has a personality, a heart, a mind, desires, hopes, dreams. She's not just this baby that needs things from me...she's so much more and I realized that today and everyday I get to spend with her. I'm so thankful that I get to bring her to work with me. There are definitely times when it'd be easier to work without her there, but I love seeing her sweet face in between emails and phone calls. Plus, she is just so good. I am so thankful that she's "easy" for me while I'm working.
Here are a few pics from our days at work...we are working women!!

sleeping in the Moby while I worked

no bells & whistles with this seat, but it works

after the bouncy got old, she just chilled on my lap

No comments: