Happy New Year!
As we reflected on this past year we thought about how this time last year we had no idea, nor the intentions, that we'd have a baby in 2009. We are so thankful for the surprise of Charis Root. some other highlights of the year:
- going to California together for the first time and exploring beautiful northern cali...love it.
- spending a week at Frontier Ranch with some high school girls
- getting away to the beach TWICE this summer
- moving from an apartment to a house
- being pregnant...i know, weird. i LOVED being pregnant. i never felt more beautiful and confident in my entire life than when i was pregnant. really.
- giving birth to our beautiful baby girl. it was unreal. i would do it again.
- watching my husband become a daddy
- turning 31. i guess it can be a highlight. (it bothers me that under most gym memberships a "young" person or family is defined by people 29 and under. does this mean i'm not young anymore?)
- becoming a mommy
- learning more about who God is and that He loves me with a ridiculous and unconditional love...being able to trust Him a little bit more and believing He knows what's best.
We are in a better place today than we were a year ago and look ahead with hope at what this new year will bring. Wishing you all a FULL year.
"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."