Friday, September 17, 2010

Hotness

It's a nickname I've had the majority of my life. Okay not really. It's how I would describe my life right now. What I mean by hotness is mad crazy hot flashes. I'm not sure if it's a side effect of cancer or chemo. I've been thinking about how I could describe them well enough on paper for others to attempt to experience what I do when one comes on. I'm not really sure I know how. It begins with a prickling on my skin all over. Then I feel the heat come from within and it rushes all over my body. Sweat instantly beads on my bald head. I want to drastically strip off my clothing to relieve myself from this heat. It's crazy. After a few minutes it fades, leaving me clammy and even cold. Cold because I usually turn on a fan and having sweat it turns chilly. These even wake me from my slumber about 3 to 4 times a night. At times it's as if I'm laying in a puddle of water. I viciously throw the covers off of me to find relief. But the damage is done because I'm awake and have to struggle to sleep again.
So there you have it. A day in the life of my hot flashes. I know, random.

1 comment:

Michelle C said...

dear hotness i laughed hard when i read the first sentence of this entry.