Thursday, December 11, 2008

blogasaurus rex

blogging is so the new thing and i love it. like facebook, you just get a glimpse into people's world that wasn't available years ago.
anyway...photography seems like the new thing (maybe not for all), but i know a lot of AMAZING photographers. (links are on the right...jen hunt, smitten, blue bucket to name a few)
well, i usually make my rounds on all 3 sites once a week to see what is new. one time i found this project that Amy Free is doing on hers (blue bucket)...here is her vision:
The quote:
"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful."
Sophia Loren

The goal:
The goal? Empower you, the women around me, to see yourself from a new angle. To enjoy what others love seeing in you—grace, love, humility, confidence, talent, sincerity, fierceness, loyalty, laughter and joy. The fact of the matter is that we are bombarded all the time with images that tell us how we should define beauty, and I have had a lifetime of wrestling with how I fit within these definitions of beauty. This project is all about empowering women to believe in their own beauty.

Think about this: when you look around your house, how many photos do you have displayed of yourself? I'm guessing there are wedding photos, family photos, and maybe a few random snap shots. But what about a beautiful image of you? Just you? Well now is your chance.

The style:
Each image will be unique to each woman because our definitions of beauty can range and my desire is for these images to capture that uniqueness. I will shoot on location in natural light.

I wanted to do this with my sister. If I could, I would do it with all my girl friends. so i inquired and we had our shoot with Amy a couple weeks ago and i just got the disk. it was so fun. she is amazing at her job and it was sweet to do this with my gorgeous sister. so, check us out (and many others) at www.bluebucketphotography.typepad.com.



1 comment:

Amy said...

Love it!!! Thanks for the shout out!