Saturday, December 6, 2008

Pack Rat

I know why I hold onto things.
I am on my second weekend of fall cleaning and I decided to go through our 2nd bedroom's closet. When we moved in, we put boxes of stuff and Christmas decorations and clothes and all sorts of office stuff and other random things in this closet. It's fairly spacious. I figured it would be good to go through and see what is actually in there and either keep it & organize it or throw it out.
I found some old cards & letters as I went through a box. Tied together was a stack of construction paper cards from my going away party that the staff & leaders gave me in Cab. Co. before I left for Louisiana to do Young Life back in 2002.

"I just want you to know that I think you are truly amazing. Yes, you are hilarious. In fact you are the funniest person I have ever met. But I want you to know that I see past that. I think you are a genuine and wonderful person, and I think you're an absolutely beautiful woman."
"I don't think you can imagine how awesome it has been having you on my team! you truly showed me what it means to be a YL leader and to serve and give of yourself for others."
"I've been blessed by our friendship and have no intention of letting it end here..."
"You are truly a woman of God and I'm thankful for all that I've been able to learn from you."

These are few excerpts from the notes I received. I was so amazed at what other people thought of me. I was so thankful for it. And I was so glad that I kept it.

No comments: