Monday, May 31, 2010

Part Time

This week I officially go part time with Young Life. I haven't worked just one part time job since high school. I usually worked two because I like to work. The past four years has been so great as the Regional Administrator. I've learned more about serving and about grace. I do enjoy working in an office. The great thing about my job is I get the best of both worlds. On one hand I get to work in an office by myself (mostly) and task master. I love having a list of things to do and seeing it dwindle down. I love helping other staff with things they don't get or can't do. Okay, it borders on pride sometimes. But in those spaces God shows up. On the other hand I get to work with people. And for the most part I like people. I really like YL staff people. I love working for Young Life and I am so so thankful that I get to keep doing it in a part time capacity. Plus I get to work alongside my friend, Amanda. This is teaching me how to ask for help and rely on others. Thanks God for not giving up on me.

It will feel a little weird working part time, but I'm excited because I get to be home 2 days with Charis. She'll still come to the office with me until the fall when she goes to "daycare" part time. I think I'm going to open a center for parents who work part time. And by part time I mean more than 4 hours a day. But, you take what you can get. She'll go 3 days a week for 4 hours and that will give me a good chunk of time without her at the office. The rest of the time she'll be learning to crawl and play within the walls of our office.

I am so thankful to keep doing what I'm doing. The arrogant part of me believes I can do just as much and just as well in my new PT capacity. Oh, how God will have a hay day with that. But, I do have Amanda to not only help me at work, but to keep me humble. God always knows what I need when he gives me friends.

Stay tuned for some updates on how the PT is going. Oh, and I did just finish working for the Census for the month as an Enumerator. That's a whole other post.

and here's a little lovey for you


No comments: